Polar will soon be releasing an optical HR band called the OH1. Hopefully this will align with the v800 replacement (v830?). This is a 6LED sensor in an arm band which will be an alternative for those who don’t like to wear a chest strap. Think Scosche Rhythm but made by Polar, so in theory it should be a pretty good product as Polar try very hard at the accuracy game.
- Up to 200 hours training stored in the memory
- Bluetooth connection (no Ant+)
- USB upload to computer
- Supports Android and iOS
- Battery life up to 12 hours
- Waterproof to 30 metres
- supports swimming so can be used by triathletes
- Supports all of the latest heart rate devices from Polar (and almost certainly others too)
Here’s the FCC filing link https://fccid.io/INW2L
And some pictures of some web sites I found (Google Polar OH1).